The blood glucose meter is one of the most important technologies to help people with diabetes manage their disease. Many of the patients we serve, particularly those using a Medtronic insulin pump, use Contour Next test strips to test their blood glucose levels. To accompany this type of test strip, we now provide the Contour Next ONE smart meter for blood glucose monitoring. This meter is wireless and has an app for managing data from readings on a smart phone. Approved by the FDA in 2016, the Ascensia Contour Next ONE is the latest in the line of Contour meters from the company formerly known as Bayer.
Read a full, insightful review of the Contour Next ONE by dTech Diabetes Mine blogger Mike Hoskins. Hoskins notes these features and changes in the Contour Next ONE:
- Sleeker and slimmer design
- New screen, changed from color to black & white
- Watch battery, instead of a rechargeable USB
- Port light to illuminate the spot where the test strip is inserted
- Target lights to indicate the range of your reading
- Second-chance sampling, with a 60-second time window
- Improved accuracy
- Bluetooth to sync with the mobile app
- Ability to share diabetes data through the app
To find out more about the Contour Next ONE smart meter and other diabetes technology, contact us at 866.779.8512 (phone) or 248.577.9903 (text).