About 30 teens and family members attended the 3rd Annual JDRF Teen Carnival last Saturday, January 28 in Belleville, Michigan. Matt Montagne, Healthy Living’s VP of Strategy and Innovation, went to the event to contribute to the fun (he brought giant versions of Connect 4, Jenga, and Yahtzee) and to learn from the inspiring Type 1 Diabetes community.
Teens had the opportunity to break out and share their experiences, and so did parents and caregivers. The two groups came together to summarize what they discussed and shared their thoughts about strategies for improving communication around diabetes management, including:
· Avoiding judgment
· Using humor
· Letting go from time to time
· Testing blood sugar regularly and teens keeping up ‘their end of the bargain’
Matt also spoke with a Health Plus family and learned about their disappointment that Healthy Living couldn’t continue handling their supply needs after the Health Plus roll-over into HAP. He let them know that we are working on getting in network with HAP, and if they ever switch insurances, they should contact us (at (866)779-8512) to see if we are in-network.
As always, JDRF put on an amazing event! The next JDRF event that we are gearing up for is the 9th Annual JDRF Type One Nation Summit on May 14th at Wayne County Community College's Western Campus.
WE MAKE MANAGING YOUR DIABETES SUPPLIES EASY.
- We work with many insurance plan partners.
- You can approve your refills via text or phone.
- Our company’s focus is excellence in customer service.
- In addition to providing supplies, we also have a mail-order pharmacy.
- Diabetes is our specialty, and we’re prepared to help!
WE LOVE TO HELP.
- Sign up for the Healthy Living Blog at myhlms.com/subscribe.
- Call us @ (866)779-8512 or text us @ (248)577-9903.
- Reach us through online chat at myhlms.com.
- Check out our online store at myhlms.com/shop for accessories and over-the-counter medications.
- Visit myhlms.com/providers to electronically complete and sign prescriptions for patients.