Taking Care of Your Inhalation Prescriptions
Great news! Did you know that Healthy Living Pharmacy has broadened its services to include inhalation medications? The main reason that inhalation medications are prescribed is to address symptoms of COPD, a disease characterized by increasing breathlessness. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an umbrella term used to describe progressive lung diseases including emphysema, chronic bronchitis, refractory (non-reversible) asthma, and some forms of bronchiectasis.
Healthy Living Pharmacy does things differently to give customers the best possible experience. Unlike most retail pharmacies, Healthy Living has an insurance verification team who can help maximize your insurance benefits. We work with your insurance plans on your behalf to help you get the best possible cost savings for your inhalation prescriptions.
The Healthy Living Pharmacy team is focused on helping you stay compliant with the plan of care that you and your doctor have created and specialized for you. To help ensure you never run out of your medications, Healthy Living will call or text you with refill reminders, and we accurately deliver your prescriptions to your door in a timely manner.
Signs & Symptoms of COPD
COPD affects an estimated 30 million individuals in the U.S., and over half of them have symptoms of COPD and do not know it. Major signs include:
· Increased breathlessness
· Frequent coughing (with and without sputum)
· Tightness in the chest
Risks & Causes of COPD
COPD most often occurs in people 40 years of age and older who have a history of smoking. These individuals may be current or former smokers. While not everybody who smokes gets COPD, most of the individuals who have COPD (about 90% of them) have smoked. Primary risk factors and causes include:
· Inhaling pollutants, including smoking (cigarettes, pipes, cigars, etc.) and second-hand smoke.
· Being exposed to fumes, chemicals, and dust found in many work environments.
· Having certain genetics, even if the person has never smoked or has never been exposed to strong lung irritants in the workplace.
Early screening can identify COPD before major loss of lung function occurs. Go to drive4copd.org to take a five-question screening test to see if you may be at risk for COPD. More importantly, talk to your doctor to be screened and understand your risks more fully.
We’re Here to Help
Contact Healthy Living Pharmacy at (866)779-8512 (Option 4) for help with managing your inhalation medications and making the most of your insurance benefits.
WE LOVE TO HELP.
- Call us @ (866)779-8512 or text us @ (248)577-9903.
- Reach us through online chat at myhlms.com.
- Sign up for the Healthy Living Blog at myhlms.com/subscribe.
- Check out our online store at store.myhlms.com for accessories and over-the-counter medications.
- Visit myhlms.com/providers to electronically complete and sign prescriptions for patients.