This year has brought many positive developments and advancements in diabetes technology. Some of these include:
- The release of the first closed-loop hybrid system with the 670G insulin pump and Guardian sensor from Medtronic.
- A new pump that can be upgraded via software updates, the Tandem t:Slim X2.
- Dexcom G5 CGM integration with the Tandem t:Slim X2 pump.
- News of the flash glucose monitoring system on the horizon from Abbott and Freestyle.
- Release of the Accu-Chek Guide meter, which makes it more convenient for parents to test blood sugar levels for their children in the middle of the night.
- Compatibility of the Dexcom G5 CGM with Apple and Android devices.
- Announcement that the Dexcom CGM will be compatible with the Fitbit Ionic in the upcoming year.
We are looking forward to bringing these technologies and soon-to-be-released offerings to our customers...to help them thrive while living with diabetes in 2018!