Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM)
If you are living with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) can help you make more informed treatment decisions that can lead to better glycemic control.
Healthy Living provides Dexcom CGM products and the Medtronic 530G with Medtronic Enlite CGM Sensor.
Dexcom G4 Platinum CGM:
- Can be used independently of insulin pumps.
- Also integrates with the Tandem t:slim G4 and the Animas Vibe insulin pumps.
- This integration allows you to see your your continuous glucose monitoring data directly on the pump's home screen.
Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM:
- Integrates directly with iPhone (Android support coming soon) or Dexcom G5 Mobile Receiver.
- Securely shares data to the cloud for care team access.
- The only CGM approved for adults and pediatric patients two years of age and older.
Medtronic Enlite CGM:
- Enlite sensor is compatible with Medtronic 530G & 630G pumps.
- Allows you to view CGM information directly on the pump.
- Can set insulin delivery suspend thresholds for low blood sugar.
How does CGM work?
A continuous glucose monitor is a small wearable device system that tracks your glucose throughout the day and night, notifying you of highs and lows so you can take action. A CGM system consists of 3 parts:
- Small, under-the-skin sensor that measures glucose levels
- Transmitter that attaches to the sensor and transmits data
- Receiver that displays real-time glucose information
Why is CGM so helpful?
Continuous glucose monitoring can help you make the best possible decisions since you'll be able to see your trend data provided by the CGM instead of basing choices only on a number from a blood glucose meter reading.
You can also set thresholds for high and low numbers, and the CGM will alert you when it senses your glucose levels have moved out of the safe range you set.
We love to help.
You can reach our Insulin Pump & CGM Therapy Team via phone call
at (866)779-8512 (select option 2) or text message at (248)577-9903.