Pediatric Diabetes Program
At Healthy Living, we've been working with patients with Type 1 Diabetes for more than 10 years. We know that when a T1D mom or dad calls, they are serious about taking care of their child's health. Healthy Living empathizes with the unique experience of caregivers of Type 1 Diabetes kids and we are ready to help.
The Healthy Living Pediatric Diabetes Program includes:
- Extra meter and supplies for your emergency supply kit, school, daycare, or nights away from home
- Stellar assistance with keeping prescriptions current so there is no time lag when supplies are needed most
- Phone, text, or email reminders about refilling supplies
- Pharmacy consult on Glucagon kit to prepare for severe low blood sugar episodes
- Discount of 50% on your first order at the Healthy Living Supply Store (which provides over-the-counter products)
Dedicated Care, Mom-Focused
T1D Moms and Dads - We know that you are in a unique situation, supporting much-loved little ones with bodies that need special care to stay healthy. Because of this, we focus on serving you with personal, highly-trained attention and consideration. With a dedicated Customer Care Representative who understands the particular needs of children with diabetes and their families, our goal is to make it as easy as possible to order supplies and manage your child's Type 1 Diabetes.
Type 1 Diabetes Resources
- JDRF - Healthy Living partners with the JDRF, and we recommend their Bag of Hope, filled with useful resources for both the child who has been diagnosed with T1D and his or her adult caregivers.
- American Diabetes Association - The ADA funds research to prevent, cure, and manage diabetes, delivering services to hundreds of communities. They provide a bounty of educational resources.
- Healthy Living Diabetes Knowledge Center - Visit our Knowledge Center to learn more about what happens in the body when your child has Type 1 Diabetes, along with additional information about symptoms, causes, complications, risk factors, treatments, and support options for T1D.
- Beyond Type 1 - By educating the global community as well as providing resources and support for those living with Type 1, Beyond Type 1 bridges the gap from diagnosis to cure, empowering people to both live well today and to fund a better tomorrow.
- TypeOneNation - TypeOneNation is JDRF’s vibrant social network for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D), their families, and friends. Members of this diverse and lively community exchange information, answers and support.
- Insulin Nation - Insulin Nation is a digital diabetes news platform that shares the latest information on diabetes research, insulin therapy, and living well with Type 1 diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association Section 504 Plan - Learn how to complete your Section 504 Plan.