Did you know that Eastern Market is offering cooking classes this summer? I checked out the schedule, and there are plenty of enticing adult classes still open. Each class is $15, or $12 for seniors. The upcoming schedule includes:
- Baking Quick Breads and Biscuits – August 15
- Breakfast Foods a Go-Go – August 22
- Slow-Cooked Pork with Tomatoes and Sweet Corn Broth – August 29
- Pan-Fried Lake Perch with Remoulade, Wild Rice, and Green Beans – September 5
- Chicken Breast with Fresh Greens, Peppers, and Grits – September 12
- Steak with Potatoes, Roasted Vegetables, and Mushroom Demi-Glace – September 19
Shed 5 houses the Eastern Market Community Kitchen, where classes are held from 1 pm to 3 pm on each specified date. Register for classes here. I just signed up to try one myself!