Check out this video to get a glimpse into the lives of Type 1 Diabetes families and witness the gratitude children with diabetes feel for the care they receive. Five thoughtful kids reflect on what their moms do every day to help manage their Type 1 Diabetes and keep them healthy and safe. They talk about all of the love their moms give them.
One of the questions they were asked is, ‘What is your message to all moms of T1D kids?’ Here are their five responses:
· “Don’t be scared. I’ll always be there for you.”
· “Let’s help each other, and we’ll get through it together.”
· “It’s okay. You don’t have to worry about it.”
· “Their kids really appreciate them and they love them and are grateful for them to be their mom.”
· “I think the moms do a really good job of taking care of us all…”
The Healthy Living team watched a video like this at a company meeting last year and then reflected on what impacted us the most. Many employees were truly humbled by what the moms and kids go through each day with dosing, carb counting, managing their insulin pumps, testing blood sugar levels at all hours of the day, and everything else involved in being successful with diabetes.