For seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and other health complications, it can be hard to know what to watch for and how much to worry about symptoms as you try to figure out what is happening in your body. A good rule of thumb is to look for patterns in your feelings and behavior and notice how you are functioning over several days. Observe how your current behavior and feelings compare to your ‘normal’ or ‘summer self.’ If you feel down for days at a time and can't get motivated to do activities you normally enjoy, see your doctor.
Symptoms specific to winter-onset SAD include:
· Tiredness or low energy
· Trouble getting along with other people
· Heavy feeling in the arms or legs
· Weight gain
· Appetite changes, especially cravings for high-carb foods
Watch for our next and final blog about SAD to learn about treatments that have been proven to alleviate symptoms and other adjustments in daily life that can be helpful to chase off the winter blues.
WE MAKE MANAGING YOUR DIABETES SUPPLIES EASY.
- We work with many insurance plan partners.
- You can approve your refills via text or phone.
- Our company’s focus is excellence in customer service.
- In addition to providing supplies, we also have a mail-order pharmacy.
- Diabetes is our specialty, and we’re prepared to help!
WE LOVE TO HELP.
- Sign up for the Healthy Living Blog at myhlms.com/subscribe.
- Call us @ (866)779-8512 or text us @ (248)577-9903.
- Reach us through online chat at myhlms.com.
- Check out our online store at myhlms.com/shop for accessories and over-the-counter medications.
- Visit myhlms.com/providers to electronically complete and sign prescriptions for patients.